The Literacy Center



Every day you are choosing "just right" books to read using the I PICK strategy:
I - I choose "just right" books

P- Purpose - I have a good reason to read this book

I- Interest - I am interested in the book's topic

C- Comprehension - I can understand what the book is talking about

K- Know the words - I can read 99% of the words on each page

By using this strategy, you can choose the perfect book for yourself every time you read.  This page is dedicated to helping you choose books and experience reading in new and wonderful ways!




Click here  or here to find books at your reading level or grade level.


Click here to play around with all the reading strategies that we learn in class (click "Kids")


Click here to explore more current events in this issue of Time for Kids.


If you would like to listen and watch some great stories click here (click on Tumblebooks).


Here is a great place to practice the patterns that words make and read along.

Read along with Professor Garfield.

Need a "just right" to read, check them out at your local library. Click here for a list of great books to read this year. Choose a variety of books to meet our yearly goals:


Parents, for reluctant readers, you can exchange one minute of reading time for one minute of TV/ computer/ video game time all year long and then watch the pages turn.

Check out this site from Scholastic Books for book recommendations.